Parent Teachers Association (PTA)
The PTA is a very friendly group of people who actively support the school to raise money to benefit the pupils, teachers and support staff at Ralph Butterfield Primary School. In 2020/2021 we raised £6,265 which was brilliant considering school closures and restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic. We love to organise some fantastic fundraising events for the children, their families and the wider community and through applying for local grants.
Events throughout the year normally include: Film nights, Discos, Summer Fair, Christmas Fair, Mother / Father’s Day secret rooms, Book Fairs, summer ice pop sales and second-hand uniform sales. This year with restrictions in place we have organised Christmas Eve bags, Break the Rules day, and Easter Treat bags.
Recently the PTA have purchased for the school:
- £4,330 on IT equipment including two charging units and iPads
- £1,000 on PE equipment
- £1,500 on books for the school, allowing the school to have updated, relevant and exciting books for all year groups
- £150 for each classroom to spend on items they need – bean bags, clocks, plants, toys
- A greenhouse and shed for the gardening club
- School Book Bags and gifts for all new starters in Reception
- Florence Nightingale actor to visit school
- Sports team kit and equipment
This year we are going to be busy fundraising to develop the school outdoor spaces including the school playground.
We are on Facebook if you would like to see our latest news!
Would you like to join the PTA?
We understand that life is pretty busy when you have a child at school, but joining the PTA has many benefits, such as:
- Puts you in direct communication with other parents and teachers
- You get to know the school better
- You are helping to contribute towards your child’s education and school
- Meet and enjoy the company of other parents and carers
You can of course join the PTA committee as a member (our AGM is in October each year) and we have monthly meetings to catch up, discuss new ideas and organise future events.
But we also need:
- Help at events like discos or film nights
- Run a stall at one of our Fairs
- Help coordinate Christmas Card orders
- Sell ice pops in the Summer after school
- Put up posters
- Go shopping for prizes (all reimbursed of course!)
- Wrap presents and prizes for Fairs
- Request and collect raffle prizes
YOU decide how much and in what way you can help out. Many hands make light work, and many of the ‘tasks’ are a lot of fun!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help out or just find out a bit more about what we do.